You will never have a desire to go back to the packaged McCormick variety after trying this homemade taco seasoning. It utilizes common spices in your cabinet and is perfect to add Mexican flavor to your clean eating recipes!
I make a big batch of this taco spice mixture at a time and keep it in this super cute glass container I bought at The Container Store. It’s perfect for making beef, chicken or shrimp tacos on the fly!
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Use 2 tablespoons of the mixture per 1 pound of meat.
- Store in a sealed container.