All my slow cooker recipes are very easy for the most part, however this Roast Chicken recipe has seriously got to be one of the easiest! With my husband traveling for work so much lately, I’ve found myself eating a ton of chicken because it is something he does not like (with the exception of chicken wings!)
This crockpot recipe is so great, because not only is the chicken delicious right away, but you can shred or chop up the left overs to use in salads, tacos, burritos and casseroles! And why turn on the oven when you can use your slow cooker and not have to worry about leaving it alone if you have a few errands to run?
- 3 - 4lb roasting chicken
- 3-4 stalks of celery
- 4-5 whole carrots
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- Cut the celery and carrots into 2 inch pieces. Add to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Place on top of the celery and carrots.
- Top with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Note: No water is needed - the moisture all comes from the vegetables and chicken. In the end you will have a nice chicken broth!