I didn’t use the slow cooker for this homemade clean eating Mexican taco meal because it is simply so easy to whip up in the skillet in 10 minutes. The simple meal of tacos has always been a favorite of my hubby’s and using grass fed meat and a homemade taco seasoning made our “taco night” even better.
Our favorite toppings include grated cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes, shredded romaine lettuce, sour cream and fresh salsa. The seasoning below is my FAVORITE. I literally haven’t bought a premade McCormick’s taco seasoning packet since discovering this wonderful recipe from AllRecipes.com- it literally takes 3 minutes to make!
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Use 2 Tablespoons of the mixture per pound of grass fed beef.